One month after launching the superb MILC camera Panasonic DMC-GX8 with its revolutionary Dual IS mode, Panasonic promised new firmware updates for the majority of its lenses so that they would be compatible with the new technology. For now, firmware updates have been issued for six Panasonic lenses, while there will be more support by the beginning of the next year. This round of updates comprises the following lenses:
- Panasonic G Vario 14-140mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH Power O.I.S. (H-FS14140)
- Panasonic G Vario 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega O.I.S. (H-FS1442A)
- Panasonic G Macro 30mm f/2.8 ASPH Mega O.I.S. (H-HS030)
- Panasonic G X Vario 12-35mm f/2.8 ASPH O.I.S. (H-HS12035)
- Panasonic G X Vario 35-100mm f/2.8 ASPH O.I.S. (H-HS35100)
- Panasonic G Leica DG Nocticron 42.5mm f/1.2 O.I.S. (H-NS043)
Panasonic has also stated that all its current lenses will receive firmware updates by February 2016, except for the Panasonic G Vario 14-45mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH MEGA O.I.S., Panasonic G VARIO 45-200mm f/4-5.6 MEGA O.I.S., and Panasonic G VARIO 100-300mm f/4-5.6 MEGA O.I.S..
New firmware versions for the said lenses can be downloaded from Panasonic's official website.