Olympus announced new firmware versions for its models Olympus OM-D E-M10 and Olympus OM-D E-M1. The E-M10 is to obtain the same zero-second anti-shock mode which has recently been built in the camera Pen E-P5 with the intention of tackling shutter shock problems. The enhanced version of the E-M1 offers manifold new characteristics, encompassing those required when using the Olympus OI.Share smartphone application.
The important updates which are brought about by the new firmware versions of these Olympus models are the following:
Olympus OM-D E-M10 v1.1:
- stabilized image stabilization compensation while recording video;
- added zero-second anti-shock mode;
Olympus OM-D E-M1 v1.4:
- improved AF response while using four thirds lenses;
- improved stabilization of shooting in C-AF;
- photographing while using the remote control function of the smart phone application OLYMPUS Image Share now supports the Art Filter, custom self-timer, zoom operation by means of the electric zoom, Digital Tele-converter, and the Release mode.
The news was taken from OLYMPUS.