After launching the revolutionary Post Focus technology at the end of the last month, Panasonic has now released firmware updates for its five Lumix G lenses. New firmware will provide these lenses with the Dual IS image stabilization, which was introduced along with the Panasonic DMC-GX8 in July.
The five lenses that will acquire the new firmware versions are the following:
- Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm f/2.8 ASPH Mega OIS (Ver. 1.1)
- Panasonic G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS (Ver. 1.1)
- Panasonic G X Vario PZ 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH Power OIS (Ver. 1.1)
- Panasonic G Vario 35-100mm f/4.0-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS (Ver. 1.1)
- Panasonic G Vario 45-150mm f/4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS (Ver. 1.2)
With this update, 11 Panasonic lenses in total have become compatible with the Dual IS system, bearing in mind that six lenses of this Japanese company already received this improvement in August.
New firmware versions for the said lenses can be downloaded from Panasonic's official website.