Canon introduced new compact professional camcorders Canon XF205 and Canon XF200 which are primarily intended for media companies and wedding videographers. These camcorders will be on sale in a set with a wide-angle 26.8mm 20x optical zoom lens and will support two recording formats - MXF, a format used by media companies, and MP4.
XF205 and XF200 will appear on the world market from the middle of July at a price of $4,400 for the former, i.e. $3,900 for the latter.
The basic specifications of the Canon XF200 are as follows:
- 26.8mm Wide, 20x Optical Zoom Lens with 3 Separate Lens Rings
- AF options (Instant AF, Face Detection) and Reduced MOD
- Enhanced Image Stabilization Performance
- Ergonomic, Rotating Grip
- Equipped with Wide DR Gamma (600%) Mode and Refined, 8-bladed Circular Aperture
- Infrared, High-sensitivity Shooting Function with Enhanced Exposure Performance
- Professional 0.45-inch Color Viewfinder and Precise 3.5-inch OLED Panel
- MXF and MP4 Dual Codec Recording
- Slow and Fast Motion Function Supported (MXF)
- 35 Mbps 1440x1080 Recording Supported for Broadcast Usage (MXF)
- Three Memory Card Slots
- 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz Dual-frequency Built-in Wi-Fi® Capability
- Ethernet LAN Terminal
- Browser Remote, FTP File Transfer (MXF/MP4) Functions Featured
- Four-channel Audio Recording
The Canon XF205 features the identical properties, apart from the fact that it boasts an additional one - HD-SDI Monitor Output, 3G-SDI Output, Time Code and Genlock.
The news was taken from CANON.